Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Those Danes know how to party...





Jomfru Ane Gade: A pedestrian-only street lined with bars and famous in Denmark for crowds that party hard into the early morning. (One bar opens at 6am.) Sorry - no pictures for now, but I promise I'll have some of it later.

This is where a few of my fellow international student neighbors and I ended up tonight. We happened to choose the bar that was apparently more popular with the older crowd. And the fact that it was a Wednesday did nothing to stop these Danes from having a good time - a really good time.

The music selection was incredible, to say the least -- Billy Ray Cirus, the Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Rhianna (yes, umbrella-ella-ella is apparently popular world-over), CCR, Alan Jackson, etc.

Good times. I think I like this country.

Other things to note:
the movie Dodgeball played in Germany
I need to learn more about futbol (soccer)
you don't tip here - it's included in the bill

Here are a few pics - of my apartment, the Akvavit distillery/brewery - famous Danish snaps, the waterfront, and the Danish flag, flying proudly in many front yards on the outskirts of town and in the countryside.

Hope all is well!

3 comments:

sam said...

i'm so glad you're keeping a blog! it's fun to keep track of your life. look like fun!

Hal Kimball said...

That shower is awesome!

tessa said...

thanks sam : )
and yes,
that shower is awesome, haha - hope mn is great!