Sunday, February 17, 2008

...the highlands

It was certainly bound to happen. After all, I have been in Europe for almost six months.

It was mostly a weekend affair, but alas...I have fallen in love.






With Scotland. The highlands - to be specific. More details to come - but, quickly - from an internet cafe - I have just returned from a three-day bus trip in the highlands of Scotland (to the Isle of Skye if anyone wants to reference the map). Our tour guide was an entertaining, crazy, hippy man with a Scottish accent (of course - he is from Scotland), wearing a kilt. He happened to be an incredible storyteller with a wealth of knowledge about Scotland's history - of battles between the MacLeod's and MacDonald's - of William Wallace - of Rob Roy - of druids and paganism and those ruinious empire builders, the Brits...

Here are a few pictures of the highlands with more to come








The very last is Loch Ness. Sorry dad, but no sign of Nessie.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Nice Pics!
Check our what I'm up to...
Hike for Discovery!

panapunk said...

Saludos blogueros.

Alexander said...

I wonder whether you would find my e- book interesting "An Ordinary Black Cat". You can see it in www.catyourway.com Please, let me know.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.